Friday, October 29, 2010

The Old Blog Archives | Four Cameras, One Subject

**another post taken from my old blog and migrated here, this post was from December 2009**

Well last night was the last APG (Atlanta Photographers Guild - http://www.flickr.com/groups/atlantaguild/) meeting of the year and I didn't even shoot the models! I really never do anyways.

Instead of models, I got fellow photographer and actually pretty good looking friend Lee to model for me. I wanted to have fun last night, so I shot Lee with four different cameras. Two of the cameras were film, one a 30 year old Canon AE-1 with a 50 1.4 S.S.C lens. The other was a Mamiya 645 with a 80 1.9 on it. The other two cameras with Digital. One my venerable 5D mark II paired with an 85 1.2L II, and the other a newly acquired Rebel T1i paired with a 35 1.4L.

I wanted to post three of the four here for you guys to look at. No scientific comparison, as they were all touched up a little differently. Just something fun to look at. The moral of the story is probably no matter if you are using a 30 year old film camera, or a $3000 digital camera....a guy with a furry hooded coat still looks the same.
Lee - Bones
Lee shot with a Canon 5D Mark II and 85 1.2L - Processed Blue
Film Shooting
Lee shot with a Canon AE-1 and 50 1.4 S.S.C. - No processing
Lee T1i
Lee shot with a Canon T1i and 35 1.4L - some processing


No comments:

Post a Comment